Don't allow failure to stop you from achieving the goals you set for yourself. Don't even call it failure like Zig Zigler says “It’s not how far you fall, but how high you bounce that counts.” Stay positive, focused and learn from your experiences to move ahead.
For effective communication at work, I recommend the following styles to successfully manage conflict: 1. Be Proactive In crisis communications, I often counsel clients and colleagues that before a situation develops into a full-blown crisis, there are frequently warning signs. Failure to observe and act on red flags and warning signs leads to crises. To appropriately address conflict in the workplace, I recommend leaders and staff be as proactive and preemptive as possible. The moment you get a sense that something is off, investigate. Alternatively, if you believe a problem is lurking, preemptively address it. Change course. Choose a different path. The worst thing you can do is pretend that a fire is not a fire or that an ember doesn’t have the potential to get bigger if stoked. 2. Be Clear We have all heard the feedback of sandwiching negative feedback between two positives. I am not sure how I feel about this recommendation because it can lead to confusion. If ...
"Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking.” Marcus Aurelius “Most people are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” Abraham Lincoln “If you want happiness for an hour — take a nap. If you want happiness for a day — go fishing. If you want happiness for a year — inherit a fortune. If you want happiness for a lifetime — help someone else.” Chinese Proverb : Saying no is often the easier way out. When you say no you can safely stay within your comfort zone. You don’t have to fear failing or being rejected. The scary unknown and sometimes difficult change can be avoided.But if you say yes your life can expand and deepen. The yes allows you to open up your life to more happiness. Today I would like to share 10 things that I have said yes to and that have helped me to become happier in my life. Pick one of these that resonate the most with you and focus on making it a part of your life. 1....
Comments